We encourage you to read this Policy before using our Site. By using the Site, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy, please do not use the Site.
- Information the Amaro Law Firm Gathers Through the Site.
Truck Wreck Attorneys of The Amaro Law Firm gathers two basic types of information through the Site: “Personal Information,” from which an individual can be identified, and “Aggregate Information,” from which an individual cannot be identified.
- Aggregate Information. When you visit and interact with the Site, The Amaro Law Firm and third parties with whom Truck Wreck Attorneys of The Amaro Law Firm has contracted to provide services to Truck Wreck Attorneys of The Amaro Law Firm may collect anonymous information from three sources: server log files, cookies, and “pixel tags.”
- Server Log Files. Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is an identifying number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. We use the IP addresses of all Visitors to calculate Site usage levels, to help diagnose problems with the Site’s servers and to administer the Site. We also may use IP addresses to communicate or to block access by Visitors who fail to comply with our Terms of Service. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is carried out automatically by many websites.
- Pixel Tags. The Site may use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened.
- Personal Information. You are not required to register or provide Personal Information in order to access our Site, though certain functionalities (such as submitting a free case evaluation) require Personal Information. We collect Personal Information from you only when you voluntarily provide it to us: for example, in contacting us through the Site, answering surveys and polls, signing up for email updates and announcements concerning our services and contacting Truck Wreck Attorneys of The Amaro Law Firm for case evaluation. Personal Information may include your contact information (such as your name, postal address, telephone numbers and/or email address) and case-specific information (such as important dates and injury details).
- Use and Disclosure of Information Truck Wreck Attorneys of The Amaro Law Firm Gathers Through the Site.
- Personal Information. We may use your Personal Information in any of the following ways:
- Communications. We encourage Visitors to contact us with questions and comments. Personal Information may be used in order to respond to your questions and comments.
- Business Purposes. We may also use your Personal Information for internal business purposes, such as analyzing and managing our businesses. The Personal Information you provide through the Site may be combined with other information you provide to Truck Wreck Attorneys of The Amaro Law Firm (via online or offline means), with demographic information and other information that is publicly available, or with other information about you that The Amaro Law Firm may otherwise obtain online or offline.
iii. Miscellaneous. Finally, we may disclose your Personal Information if we believe that we are required to do so: (i) by law; (ii) to comply with legal process or governmental requests; (iii) to enforce our Terms of Service; (iv) to protect our operations; (v) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Truck Wreck Attorneys of The Amaro Law Firm, you or others; and (vi) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Aggregate Information. We analyze Aggregate Information in order to enhance website security, track the popularity of certain pages of the Site, the success of our email notifications, traffic levels on the Site and other usage data, all of which helps us to provide tailored content, improve the Site and related services and to otherwise enhance your experience on the Site. We may share Aggregate Information with Affiliated Entities and other third parties.
- Other Important Notes Regarding Our Privacy Practices.
- Special Note for Parents. Truck Wreck Attorneys of The Amaro Law Firm takes seriously its obligations under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act concerning the collection of Personal Information from individuals under the age of thirteen (13). The Site is not directed at children, and we request that children under the age of 13 not provide Personal Information through the Site.
- Security. We have security measures and tools in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. No method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Site.
- Changes to This Policy.
We reserve the right to change this Policy and any of our policies or procedures concerning the treatment of information collected through the Site without prior notice. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the “Last Updated” legend at the top of this page. Any changes to our Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the Internet, accessible through the Site. Use of the Site following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect. We encourage you to bookmark this page and to review it periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of our Policy.
This Policy represents the sole authorized statement of Truck Wreck Attorneys of The Amaro Law Firm’ practices with respect to the collection of Personal Information through the Site and Truck Wreck Attorneys of The Amaro Law Firm’ use of such information. Any summaries of this Policy generated by third party software or otherwise (for example, in connection with the Platform for Privacy Preferences or “P3P”) shall have no legal effect, do not bind Truck Wreck Attorneys of The Amaro Law Firm, shall not be relied upon in substitute for this Policy and neither supersede nor modify this Policy.
REQUIRED NOTICE UNDER The Texas Health and Safety Code, Sec. 181.154 – HB 300
Because our law firm gathers, stores and electronically transmits medical records (Protected Health Information — PHI), we are required to post a notice to clients that their protected health information is subject to electronic disclosure.
Texas and Federal Law prohibits any electronic disclosure of a client’s protected health information to any person without a separate authorization from the client for each disclosure. This authorization for disclosure may be made in written or electronic form or in oral form if it is documented in writing by our law firm.
The authorization for electronic disclosure of protected health information described above is not required if the disclosure is made: to another covered entity, as that term is defined by Section 181.001, or to a covered entity, as that term is defined by Section 602.001, Insurance Code, for the purpose of: treatment; payment; health care operations; performing an insurance or health maintenance organization function described by Section 602.053, Insurance Code; or as otherwise authorized or required by state or federal law. In other words, no further release is necessary for electronic disclosure to other health care providers, insurance companies, governmental agencies, or defense lawyers representing adverse parties.
Last Updated: October 1, 2019