The trucking industry will need at least 100,000 new truckers within the next few years in order to keep up with freight demands. So, if you’re thinking about changing careers – or looking for options to get your career started, consider driving an 18-wheeler. If the following describes you and your preferences, becoming a commercial trucker may be a great option for you!
You’ll Make a Great Trucker If…
- You like working alone: Do you prefer to have some independence while you get your job done? Don’t like being micromanaged or having to rely on a team of people so you can do your day-to-day work? If so, truck driving can offer a great opportunity for working alone for hours or days at a time, giving you space and freedom to do your job.
- You are done with school: A barrier to starting a new career can be the time and cost of having to go back to school. So, if you’d like to make a career change now and you don’t have (or want to spend) the time and money on additional schooling, professional truck driving can be an excellent option for a new career path.
- You want a career with good earning potential: Are you sick of just getting by? Done with jobs that offer minimal pay and little to no benefits? If so, driving an 18-wheeler can be the answer for you! Pay for professional truckers can be as high as $120,000 per year in some areas of the country, and more motor carriers are offering competitive benefits to attract new drivers. This has become especially true in recent years with the growing shortage of commercial truckers across the nation.
- You enjoy traveling: Want to see more of the U.S.? Well, then truck driving may be a no brainer! It’ll put you on the roads, across the country, and in all sorts of new places that you may have never seen otherwise. That can be an excellent perk for those who love to travel and take in our great nation while getting paid to do it!
- You love driving: If you’re a person who really enjoys driving, becoming a trucker can be ideal! It’ll put you on the road day to day, giving you the opportunity to control your schedule while you do what you love!
While truck driving can be a great way to earn a living, like many other industries, it’s not without some risks. And one of the biggest risks for truckers is the danger of getting into a wreck. Whenever that happens, you are NOT alone. You can turn to the attorneys at the Amaro Law Firm for help getting on the road to recovery and justice.
Hurt in a Truck Crash? Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a wreck, don’t hesitate to contact a trusted truck accident lawyer at the Amaro Law Firm. We’re ready to answer your questions, explain your rights, and point out your legal options.
Call (713) 955-5521 or Email Us
for a Free, Confidential, No Obligation Case Evaluation
Free virtual and mobile consultations are available to anyone who cannot visit our offices. We proudly represent truckers, cargo loaders, and others in all types of trucking wreck cases.
In the aftermath of your accident, determining who’s liable for hurting you is crucial. It can provide you the key to getting the compensation you need and the justice you deserve. While money can’t erase the accident or damage it’s caused, compensation can help you restore your life.
Comments are closed.