Trucking Terminal Accidents & Injuries: FAQsApril 10, 2019
Truck terminals are bustling with activity, from the big rigs loading and unloading cargo to the forklifts, elevators, cargo, people, and much more. All of this means that:
- Trucking terminals can be rife with hazards.
- Even slight oversights or carelessness can cause serious accidents and potentially life-threatening injuries.
If you work at or are regularly around a truck terminal, knowing how accidents and injuries usually happen at these sites is critical. It can help you stay alert and safe. It can also help you know what to do – and what your rights and legal options may be – if you’re ever hurt in a trucking terminal accident.
Have You or a Loved One Been Hurt in a Truck Terminal Accident?
Call (713) 955-5521 or Contact Us
for a Free, Confidential, No-Obligation Case Evaluation
During your FREE consultation, we will explain your legal options. Free virtual and mobile consultations are available to anyone who cannot visit our offices.
What Causes Most Truck Terminal Injuries?
These injuries can be caused by various types of accidents or events. Common types of truck terminal accidents include:
- Truck crashes – These can occur while trucks are waiting in or moving around terminals. Semi accidents at truck terminals can be caused by anything from driver misbehaviors to faulty truck equipment and other factors.
- Forklift accidents – These can be caused by anything from driver errors to defective equipment, failures to maintain the forklift, and other factors.
- Falling object accidents – Cargo, heavy equipment, and other objects can fall whenever they’ve been mishandled or improperly secured.
- Falling accidents – Workers can fall off of trucks, loading docks, heavy equipment, and other places. They may also trip and fall over cargo or equipment that’s not properly stored or contained. In many cases, these accidents result from human errors and/or equipment failures.
- Slipping accidents – These can be caused by failures to pick up spills or leaks, as well as failures to post signage, clear ice, pick up debris, and more.
- Accidents caused by defective equipment – Faulty equipment can cause harm when it’s not maintained, it has an inherently defective design, it’s made of subpar construction, etc.
The nature of the accident – and what or who has caused it – will determine who is liable for the resulting harm. Please note that:
- Multiple factors can cause a single truck terminal accident.
- If multiple factors contribute to an accident, there can be multiple liable parties.
- The best way to determine all of the liable parties and hold them all accountable to is to work with a trusted attorney at the Amaro Law Firm.
We represent all types of people in truck terminal accident cases, including truck drivers, dockhands, forklift drivers, and others.
What Should I Do After I’ve Suffered a Truck Loading Dock Injury?
- Get immediate medical attention, and follow through with the necessary medical treatments.
- If possible, take pictures of the accident scene.
- Submit an accident or injury report to your employer if you were on the job when the accident happened. Stick to the facts you know.
- Keep everything, from what you were wearing on the day of the accident to copies of any reports, doctors’ bills, etc.
- Contact the Amaro Law Firm. We can explain how to protect your rights and any potential claims you may have. We can also get you on the road to recovery and justice.
Depending on the nature of the accident, whether you were working when the accident occurred, and other factors, you may have one or more of the following:
- A workers’ compensation claim, which could result in medical benefits and income benefits
- A personal injury claim, which can provide compensation for lost wages, medical bills, damaged property, pain, suffering and more.
Take the First Step on the Road to Recovery: Contact Truck Wreck Attorneys of The Amaro Law Firm After a Truck Terminal Accident
A Houston personal injury attorney at the Amaro Law Firm is ready to help you if you’ve been hurt in any type of truck terminal accident. Whether or not you were working when the accident happened – or you’re not sure what caused the accident, we’re ready to help.
Truck Wreck Attorneys of The Amaro Law Firm’s record of success and exceptional advocacy in personal injury cases has earned us 5-star ratings on Google and Facebook, glowing testimonials from former clients, and a 10 rating on Avvo.